if gatsby wrote a letter to nick it would be addressed to “old sport” because i firmly believe gatsby doesnt know nicks name
wait so i woke up this morning into bizarro world in which amazon’s latest business move is ‘publish your fanfiction on here for cash dollars!’ in what i can only assume is an attempt to capitalize on the success of 50 shades by asking people to pay for fanfiction only the fanfiction can’t even be explicit? thereby revealing
- a fundamental misunderstanding of why many people read fanfiction in the first place
- because if they were looking to read about the characters they wanted to bang not banging, they could just buy, idk, books
- nobody knows what’s going on in publishing anymore
- the points are made up and they don’t really matter anyway
- all current executive meetings probably involve multiple board members bringing up powerpoints that read THE INTERNET: NOT GOING AWAY? and WHAT THE YOUTH OF TODAY LIKES followed by a bunch of memes and question marks
- ending in a final slide that simply reads ONE DIRECTION. HEART SYMBOL. VIDEO GAMING. THANK??? LIL BUB. FANS FICTION.
I saw a cyborg woman design where her torso was all robot parts except for her boobs and all I could think of was that same cyborg thirty years down the line with the same tight cyborg body but just these saggy human boobs hanging off of it.
Top Text: WAITER
Bottom Text: MY LETTUCE IS COLD. I DEMAND A REPLACEMENT
Neat moment at the Webbys last night. Fresh off the $1.1 billion sale of his company, David Karp was there with his mother, Barbara. Though I’d never met her before, Barbara came over to my seat and gave me the world’s biggest hug. She kept saying: “I am so, so proud of you.”
I said to David: “Your mom just made me feel like the most special guy in the world.”
He said: “That’s how she’s made me feel my whole life.”
A submission for The Hawkeye Initiative! (Uses Clint Barton as well as other male comic characters to illustrate how contorted and hyper-sexualized women are commonly drawn in comics.)
I based it off a pinup of Black Widow… so I don’t know if it counts, but it’s still silly to me anyway. :U
theurgy \THEE-ur-jee, noun:
1. the working of a divine or supernatural agency in human affairs.
2. a system of beneficent magic practiced by the Egyptian Platonists and others.But it is with the later evolution of theurgy in the Platonist milieu that we are mainly concerned, and here we find some compensation for the lacunosity of the Oracula.
— Garth Fowden, The Egyptian Hemes, 1993I wandered around, trailing my fingers over the spines of books written in Hebrew and Greek, Old Testaments and New Testaments, books on theurgy and theology and philosophy.
— Jodi Picoult, Change of Heart, 2008
Theurgy entered English in the 1560s. It comes from the Greek word theourgeía meaning “magic.”